Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cloudy Sky

Cloudy sky, cool breeze night.
Stars don’t seem to show their light.
There’s one there, a fiery pair
Forlorn flames that share their flare.

But hindered view cannot erase
The memory of celestial ‘scapes.
I close my eyes and see them there
Glimmering, glistening, shimmering glare.

Nebulous nuisance to my eyes,
Yet my heart sees the lighted skies.
Each light hung in perfect ‘splay
Just for me to watch them play.

Michael P. Van Gilst


When we can’t see the stars, does it mean they’ve gone away? Isn’t it quite true that they’re still there? So it is with God. Sometimes we can’t see Him there, or see his brilliance, yet we know he’s there. How? Because we’ve seen the stars before and we know we’ll see them again. But more importantly, we know that above those clouds, the stars, all of them, are still shining just as brightly and brilliantly as they were before. God is always shining, even if the clouds block our view.

No comments: